Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lazy Day

After the frenzy of yesterday, I figured on more of the same during this Burger Fest.

Tired though I was, I got up at 6:00 to watch the hot air balloons lift up and serenely pass over my house as I drank my cappuccino on the deck. It is the way I begin every Burger Fest day, but that was not to be.  Breezy weather conditions kept the balloons on the ground.

It made sense to go back to bed and I soon did, thinking I would wake up in time for the Burger Fest Parade.  I must have been more exhausted than I thought because I slept through the parade, too.

Gary and I did go to a party at our friends' house where they provided us with a celebration lunch of hamburgers, hot dogs and bratwurst with potato salad and more, but then he was tired out.  He has been preparing his camper to take up north tomorrow and that meant working in the heat.  We soon came home and he took a nap as well.

I've been to many of the Burger Fest celebrations downtown over the years.  I didn't care to go again, especially alone, so I read a novel and worked on another writing project for a while, then joined him in what I thought would be a short nap, but that, too, stretched to two hours.

We woke to thunder.  There would be no balloon liftoff at 6:00, that was certain.  The rain continued so the evening balloon glow was canceled, too.

So ended the day, with not much happening.  I didn't mind one bit. I needed the rest.

If the clouds clear by tomorrow, there will be two liftoffs.  The balloons will go up at 6:00 and Gary will head to Lost Lake.  There will be solitary days ahead for me, time to reflect, write and garden.  

We'll have more energy for next year's Burger Fest.    

No comments:

Post a Comment