Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Change of Plans

There were plenty of things on my day planner this morning.  I got right to it, working on a short story and cleaning my office between bouts of inspiration.  I was in a hurry to get things done because I had a mammogram scheduled for the afternoon and garden work later. 

Gary reminded me that we had to go to city hall to vote in the primary election by absentee ballot.  We figure on camping at Lake Ottawa by election day on the 14th, this time in his camper and staying in one place for a couple of weeks. We voted, went on to ShopKo to get a few household items using our senior discount.

When we got home, I went right back to the computer, but soon began to shake and feel dizzy.  I thought I just needed something to eat so had an early lunch.  It didn't help.  The dizziness got worse so I took my temperature:  101 degrees F.   I was soon in bed. 

That is where I am now, typing out this blog on my little notebook computer.  

Other than the occasional mold allergy that is remedied by a nap, I haven't been sick in recent memory.  Oh there's that seasonal affective disorder thing that convinces me I am dying in February, but mostly, I am healthy.  I had forgotten illness gives me permission to be so, so lazy, reading a novel on my Nook, watching a movie on Netflix, and sleeping whenever I felt like it.  I could do without the sore throat though. 

I re-scheduled the mammogram.  I can't garden anyhow because a thunderstorm is rolling through.  

My temperature is back to normal.  Tomorrow, as Scarlett O'Hara said, is another day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment