Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Circle Tour - Day 13 - Sault Ste Marie

Yesterday, I finally saw a moose at the Big Moose Ice Cream Shoppe here in Sault Ste Marie
It was the best we could do.   Later on  another thing I wanted to do in Ontario, eat a whopping big plate of greasy fish and chips. Not good for our cholesterol, but I suppose with national health care, Canadians can afford a coronary once in a while.
We're staying at the Glenview RV Park in Sault Ste Marie.  Usually, I avoid RV parks which seem to be row after row of RVs squashed together without benefit of shade.   This one is different.  There are RVs, but not close together.  The tent sites are shady and pleasant, but we opted for one of the park's little cabins because of the rain.  Tomorrow we leave Canada and we didn't want to pack up wet. Instead, we enjoy a real bed. 

The park offers a swimming pool, a sauna, a laundromat, and wonder of wonders, a great hiking trail.  Before the rain set in this morning, I took off on it, finding myself in a dense forest away from traffic noises.  There were deer prints and bear scat here and there.  Too soon, I had to return when it began to sprinkle. 

Now we are in the park administration building in the lounge using the wi fi to catch up on our e-mail.  In a few minutes, we will be off exploring Sault Ste Marie, perhaps looking at the locks and finding a St. Vincent de Paul re-sale store.  I am wearing my last clean shirt.  

Gary went to Walmart three times yesterday, since it is so close.  He came away with a fourth folding chair, this one with the Canadian maple leaf. 

Tomorrow, it's back home so he can put the chair on the deck for all to see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment