Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Changing plans

The plan was to get up early tomorrow morning and head out on the Circle Tour which would take us around Lake Superior for two weeks.   It still is the plan but we may have to start a day later.  Gary came down with some kind of ague which left him dizzy and warm.  He slept most of the day.

He feels fine now, but the living room is still filled with gadgets as he tries to figure out what he can leave behind.
It isn't easy.  This photo shows only half of what was in the living room yesterday.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen there are boxes of food that he bought yesterday, mostly canned goods that we can take into Canada.  I reminded him to take a can opener.  (I once forgot a can opener and was stuck in a camp banging away at cans with a knife.)

The passenger side of the van has a nice deep well where I can put folders and books. My little computer slides under the seat.  I fully expect to write my blogs as we go.  This should work out.

I've done my laundry and now am packing my clothes in three plastic drawers Gary installed on the side of the van. I must take shorts and tank tops for warm weather, but it can get cool in Canada, so there are jackets and jeans, too.  Then I must find a place for three performance costumes.  Where to put shoes?  The autoharp? My swimming gear?  

It looks like we start early on Friday morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment