Sunday, June 3, 2012

June Flowers

Gary went camping this morning, but I stayed home to continue to work on the gardens.   As I pull weeds and transplant flowers, I enjoy the flowers blooming around me.

The peonies blooms aren't as big as they would be in wet years, but they're still a source of sweet smelling joy.
Gary suggested planting a row of hostas in front of them to cut down on weeds.  That way, he doesn't have to mow in front of them.  It's working beautifully already and by next year, they'll be so full we won't see the ground.

I gleaned the hostas from the hosta bed behind them.  Dividing and transplanting saves so much money.

Last week, Wade brought his family to dig up some plants for his home in Darboy.  We looked at one plant which we both thought looked like a weed, but I told him I always waited to see what it looked like in flower.  Good thing I did because it was a balloon flower that I'd paid good money for. 
It's spread to other flower beds, so if he comes back, he can dig that one up, too. 

While digging around for transplants, I ran across a bleeding heart I'd forgotten about.  I know it has to be moved, but where should I put it?  

There's so much yet to be done. The path on the north side of the house is buried by ferns and roses. I'll be tackling that soon.  The gazebo needs clearing.  Gary has taken to storing machinery in there, which is not what it was meant for.  

Still there are spots I've tamed.  The front of the house is the way it should be. 


It's on lovely days like this, that I don't resent staying home and gardening.  I'll get to the campground soon enough.  



No comments:

Post a Comment