Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cold, Rainy Day

After weeks of unseasonable weather, we seem to be going back to a cold Wisconsin spring.  No gardening for me and probably won't be for several days because snow is forecast.

When I woke up this morning, I first checked the stats to see who had been reading this blog overnight and found that even as I was reading, eleven Russians were on line.  Other than Americans, Russians are my best audience, followed by Germans.

As I had my cappuccino, I went over to my other blog, Black Coffee Fiction, and found Russians there, too.  I like to think of people around the world checking on my life and on my writing, but I always wonder: who are you people?

After breakfast, I set to work. All this week, while gardening, walking and swimming, I've been thinking about my latest short story.  Though some might think of it as procrastinating when I don't start writing, I know that the time I spend mulling ideas in my mind is part of a process that can't be rushed.  When I sat down in front of the computer this morning, I was more than ready. In less than two hours, I had my story in rough draft, almost to the point of publishing.

I showed it to Wade this afternoon, and he liked the story, thought it very funny, but said it still needs some 1970's touches.  We thought of some, talked about revisions and changed the name of a cat.

Tonight, I am looking at photo albums from the 1970's and thinking of things I can add to the story. Tomorrow morning, I'll finish the story and publish it at noon.

Then there will nothing else to do but look at the snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment