Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Waupaca

Today it was off to Waupaca to the public library.  The library hosts a monthly lunch with speakers and today I was the main feature  The audience, mainly senior citizens, dined on baked potatoes and salads while I told them about my adventures in last summer's tour.  This was my second lecture on the subject and I think I am getting a bit better at it.

I began with a song and a story that I used with the children, then I moved on to the tour, using photos I had taken.

I explained my parsimonious ways.  The clothes I took were bought at St. Vincent de Paul's bag sale.  I stayed at national forest campgrounds where I paid half with my senior access card.  Many of them had never heard of such a thing.  I am sure they will be buying their cards within the week.

I talked about some of the interesting people I met.  My car overheated all the time and that was another story.  I showed them photos of some of the odd campgrounds, including the one with the fire ants, and another in a city park in a small town.  

And so it went.  The talk was a success, and led to another booking.  

I came home by way of Shiocton's swamp.  There are even more sandhill cranes than before.  Most of the swans have moved on, but a few were still east of Black Creek.

Tomorrow, Gary and I will canoe down the Wolf River.  The spring adventures are just beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment