Saturday, March 31, 2012

Earth Hour, 2012

I'm writing my blog earlier today because this evening at 8:30 pm we turn off our computers and almost everything electrical to observe Earth Hour.  Thousands of cities around the globe are doing the same, beginning with Auckland in New Zealand;Sydney,Australia where the Opera House will go dark; Paris, France -- the City of Lights will be the City of Darkness; London, where even the Queen will flick her switches off in Buckingham Palace. Above us, an astronaut will be filming the results.

Not much will happen in little Seymour, Wisconsin that will show up in space, but I will do my best. The wood tick in the jar candle finally is demised.  I can light the candle and read by its dim light.  

So all you who are reading this, can you spare an hour to observe what global warming is doing to our planet?  It  probably won't change anything but your attitude, but that is a start.   

No comments:

Post a Comment