Thursday, February 9, 2012

Antenna

We don't have cablevision.  We have an antenna that has to be moved around according to the television channel we want.  The antenna is on a long pole with a crank on the back deck.  I am not good at estimating how much it has to be turned. Gary is good at doing the exact twist we need but has gone to his Thursday night meeting and I am getting frustrated.  

I am able to figure it out on all but the windy nights.  This is a windy night. To try to get it the antenna set right, I walk from my office through the house and out the back door to turn the antenna, then come back to my office to check the television.  I have been doing this over and over and I still can't get public television to watch Hercule Poirot solve a mystery I've never seen.

The one channel that comes in all the time is the Fox Network.  As a rule I don't watch anything Rupert Murdoch owns with the exception of House and Bones, neither of which is on tonight. 


I guess I will read a book.  Books never fail me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment