Monday, January 2, 2012

Fears

On New Year's Day, I started a new day planner that includes a quotation of the day. Today it was this one:

You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

On Facebook, a friend passed on this quote:

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." ~ Muhammad Ali

When I talk to groups about my adventures solo traveling and camping, women in the audience usually say, “Oh, I could never do that!”

My answer is, “Then you can't.”

Why do people limit themselves that way?  

No comments:

Post a Comment