Monday, November 28, 2011

Once camping season is over, Gary and I have to keep fit somehow. The canoe is in storage and I no longer have trails to hike on for miles. Winter limits us.

I walk around town instead of taking the car. I go to the pool whenever I can.  From time to time, Gary and I go to the Fox River Mall and walk two or three miles.  I exercise at home and sometimes do yoga.

But to really keep in shape, we go to the fitness center in the high school.  It is part of the wonderful package we older Seymourites are entitled to.  For $35.00 a year we have the use of both the aquatic center and the fitness center. 

People who have used other gyms tell me that Seymour's is just about the best.  It is state of the art, they say.  There's plenty of equipment so we seldom have to wait for any of the machines.
( check out the photos at http://www.seymour.k12.wi.us/fitness_center.cfm )

I start off in the fall with light weights and add a few pounds each month.  I am more interested in upper body strength than cardio when we exercise.  I am trying to build muscle tone.  I can take care of the cardio stuff at the pool or walking downtown. 

Gary likes the elliptical equipment but that's too hard on my knees.

We are getting to know the other people working out so the fitness center is part of our social life.  It will do until we can go to the woods again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment