Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Car Problems

As I drove home from Appleton yesterday, I noticed a light on the dashboard. I pulled along side the road and pulled out the car manual.  It was the brake light.  Something was wrong, but I was close to home and the brakes were working, so I continued. When I got home, Gary checked it out and found out the brake fluid was down, and pointed out a puddle on the garage floor.  We bought brake fluid and filled the well.  

This morning the well was still full, so I drove the car around town to see what would happen. The fluid seems fine.  If there is a leak, it is a very slow one.  I called my mechanics but with the Thanksgiving holiday approaching, their customers wanted their vehicles checked out.  They couldn't look at my car until next week.  

We'll watch the fluid carefully over the next few days.  On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I plan to drive to Appleton to have dinner with Chris, Tisha and Evan and a few others.  After that, I am to meet my friend Norma in Oshkosh, coming home rather late.  

All of this is dependent on the brakes working, of course. I have a can of fluid in the car and you can be sure I will keep watching the dashboard for that light.   


No comments:

Post a Comment