Monday, November 21, 2011

Another Senior Citizen

Gary and I are both senior citizens, in our 60s.  We are not however, the oldest occupant of Mathom House. That honor goes to Rascal.  He is 18 and 1/4 in cat years but converted to human years, he would be around 90 years old.   

I have rheumatoid arthritis and Gary has his own aches and pains from falling off motorcycles and other youthful accidents.  Rascal is getting stiff, too.  Most days he can jump up on our laps, but sometimes he misses.  This is a source of embarrassment for a cat.  Sometimes he just sits and meows and I pick him up and plop him on my legs.  

These days, Rascal is sleeping most of the day, preferably on a warm lap.  He likes his ears scratched.  At night, he sleeps at the foot of my bed.   


When Rascal arrived in my house ten years ago, he hated being covered by a blanket. He immediately clawed his way out of it, biting if necessary. These days, he loves it when we cover his old body with fleece on a cold day.  An electric blanket is even better.

Winter is hard on us old geezers.  I hope we all make it to spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment