Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Winter Plans

Gary is still at the Laura Lake campground, gradually packing up. I am home in Seymour, thinking about how I'll spend winter.

I am beginning to plan a summer reading program tour for 2012, this time to the East Coast.  Because librarians usually have their plans in motion by the beginning of December, I will start contacting them now. I don't want to be gone five weeks, as I was this past summer, so I am going to concentrate on the three weeks after the fourth of July.

When Wade and I started our short story blog, I knew I had a small back log of stories to keep going for a while, but I still have to write some new ones so I don't get caught by next spring. I need new ideas. That usually requires going to a restaurant, a mall, or some other place until I spot someone that looks interesting and create a character and plot around him or her.  (My inspirations never know.)

Then there's NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in November.  Should I start a new novel or finish up another still in its second draft?

I am currently putting parts of this blog into book form. The writing is done, I just have to edit it down into something readable.  I'd like to have an e-book by January.

There is directing the United Methodist Church choir which requires some planning.  Besides our Sunday duties, we are planning an Advent concert.  Starting this Sunday, we'll be practicing Christmas music.

There's the holidays to face, too.  I will have another Winter Solstice party. Gary's birthday. Halloween. Christmas, and on and on until we get to spring.

Then it's back to camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment