Sunday, August 7, 2011

Modern Camping

This week I'm camping with Gary and it's a far cry from the camping I got used to on my trip west.  Instead of my little tent, we have a camper with an extension to make it even bigger.  There's a cook tent with everything a cook could even think of needing.  There are comfortable chairs around the fire pit, enough to invite in guests.



Inside, spacious beds with an extra foam mattress.  We have a refrigerator and stove and a banquette for fine dining.  There's a toilet, closets, cupboards and more. 



Let us not talk about television, more than one radio, a generator, and electricity.  Somehow I survived without all of this for five weeks.

But we have Laura Lake, loons, ducks, eagles, chipmunks, red squirrels, deer and no doubt, bears, though they stay out of sight.  We went swimming in our private beach. 

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment