Thursday, August 11, 2011

Home for a While

I needed to be home at Mathom House to take care of business and Rascal, who is purring on my lap as I try to type this.  He is full of chicken so has forgiven me for the time I spent playing with chipmunks and hummingbirds.   

Gary is still at Laura Lake, lucky guy.  By the time I finish up here on Monday, he will have packed up and moved to another national forest campground, possibly Lake Ottawa in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  The rules are simple, one can camp in any forest campground, but only for fourteen days.  We'll have to be elsewhere by Monday. 

Meanwhile, I must finish up some writing projects, take care of bills, mow the lawn and pull some weeds.  There's laundry to do, friends to call, bird feeders to fill.  

Then it's off for the next summer adventure.  The last two days at Laura Lake there was a chill in the air, the first touch of autumn.  I mean to soak up as much sunshine as I can.  Can one fill one's soul with warmth before winter sets in?  I can only try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment