Friday, August 26, 2011

Home for Rascal

I hate having to run back and forth to the campsite but besides having to deal with mail, bills and tomatoes, I have an elderly friend here.  The cat.

Rascal was already eight years old when he arrived here in 2001 and now he is eighteen. He is in good health, but these days he has arthritis so mostly sits in the sun warming his old bones.  His other option is to sleep on me which is not always very comfortable for me, but  then we are both getting older.  I can understand his aches and pains.  


He is checked on by friends on neighbors, but I no longer think he should be left alone in the house for more than three or four days.

So this morning I drive to Lost Lake to join Gary for three nights, only to return on Tuesday morning, early, to give him his favorite treats, pet him, and let him use me as a warming cushion.



No comments:

Post a Comment