Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Farmers' Market

I worked on the planning committee for Seymour's Farmers' Market for two years but now I am just a customer. I walked downtown to the market at Nagel Park on Depot Street and wandered around to see the offerings of the eleven vendors, who shaded themselves under tarpaulins.  Produce now is coming in strong, but there was jewelry, too, lovely things made by my friend Pat, the church secretary at the United Methodist Church where I direct the choir. .



This pleasant Hmong vendor found a wallet one of his customers left behind and chased all over the market trying to find her.   Small town markets are like that.

In the gazebo, St. John the Baptist Catholic Church was having a bake sale.  A different church offers their wares each week.

I came home with tomatoes, broccoli, a lemon tart (in truth, the tart never made it home) and these photos of a pleasant afternoon.

The market is held every Tuesday from 2 to 6 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment