Thursday, June 9, 2011

Next, the Car

Today's report from my doctor is that I am in excellent health, no problems at all.  

While I was going through tests on Tuesday and Wednesday, my Mercury Sable was going through its 100,000 mile checkup.  It was time to change the spark plugs, replace a vacuum hose, and take care of the rear shocks. It took some time to get the right parts, but now my excellent mechanics assure me the car can handle the trip west.

A Mercury Sable station wagon is not a glamorous car, but it has the advantage of serving as a place to sleep in the very worst weather.  Most times, I'll pitch a tent, but experience tells me there will be those downpours when I won't want to set up camp.  An air mattress and a sleeping bag fit perfectly once I've folded the rear seats down. I've slept very well in the Sable in the past, once I learned not to kick the door and set off the car alarm. 

That alarm is not a bad thing.  Even when I am in the tent, I hang on to the car key with its alarm button.  Should a bear enter my camp, I can hit the alarm and set off the lights.

That hasn't happened yet, but you never know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment