Friday, June 10, 2011

Light

For the past few days, we've had sun and warm temperatures.

Just as I get Seasonal Affective Disorder in January and February, sleeping ten hours a night and finding it difficult to accomplish anything, I get the opposite effect in June through August.  I sleep seven hours or less and can't sit still when I'm awake.  I am out gardening, walking, camping, and performing.

What is difficult for me is sitting down in front of the computer screen to get any writing done.  I haven't written a short story in at least two months.  Well, never mind.  That creative time is coming again when summer is over. These months are euphoric time, one hundred percent living.

For the past two days, I've been tearing into my garden paths, pulling out the weeds that try to grow through gravel and brick.  It's hard work but when I'm in summer mode, it is almost effortless.

Until today.  Today, the rains came.  With no sunshine, I slept until almost 8:00 this morning and took a three hour nap in the afternoon.  Tomorrow, we'll start a new cycle of summer sun for three days.  Once more, I'll be going into high gear. The paths are still there.

The trick is to adjust to what each day gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment