Thursday, June 2, 2011

Let's Fool Grandma

Tonight Chris and Tisha were off seeing a movie and I was at their home playing a game with Evan called Let's Fool Grandma.

Yes, he could play video games but only until 6:30 pm.

“My mommy let's me play video games until 7:00 pm.” he said, but Chris showed me the power switch and gave me the controls before he left.

Evan gave in on that one, brushed his teeth and put on his pajamas.

“My mommy always gives me a granola bar before I go to bed.”

“After you brush your teeth?” I had him there.

I read him two picture books and one chapter of his chapter book.

“My mommy always reads me three chapters,” he said.

“Two,” said I. I knew he was fibbing but I love reading to my grandson.

By then he was yawning and went to bed without any more fuss.

I am an expert at this kind of thing, I thought.. I had a son who played,”Let's fool Mommy.”

But then a few minutes later, Evan pulled the ultimate trick. He pulled out his loose tooth. Of course, we had to call his mommy and daddy to let them know, even if they were just coming out of the movie theatre.

Of course, we had to find some place to keep the tooth safe for the tooth fairy. And we had to discuss tooth pulling techniques.

I had Evan in bed but then Chris and Tisha came home and up he popped again to discuss picture taking and proper placement of the tooth fairy's bounty. I was happy to learn that tomorrow is Evan's last day of school so he only has to be there two hours.  He'll have had enough sleep to manage.

It was time for this grandma to go home and go to bed herself. 

I wish someone would read to me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment