Thursday, May 19, 2011

technical problems

Our internet server is down which is frustrating, but then I thought about it and realized I would have to have alternatives when I am traveling this summer, so I've picked up my notebook computer and taken it to the library here in Seymour to do my blog, using the library's server.  I should be able to connect in any of the libraries I visit on tour.

One thing I'm finding out right away is that the patrons have a certain curiosity about what I am doing.  There are children who find my little computer interesting.  I have friends, too, that stop by to see what's going on in my life. I don't suppose that will be an issue on the road.

Getting used to a smaller keyboard is always a problem, but I will have to adapt.  I've done it in the past.

In a week's time, I'll be joining Gary in the Nicolet National Forest.  He tells me he is at a campground only a mile from Clam Lake, a small community with a wonderful restaurant with wireless service that is kept on 24 hours a day.   I'll have a pleasant hike on a trail through the forest, have some ice cream, and catch up with my e-mail and write this blog.

I look at the internet problems as practice time for the tour.  So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment