Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Missing Gary

Yesterday Gary and I were talking with a friend.  Gary told him he was leaving on a camping trip today.  First I had heard about that!   I knew we would be camping next week, but I didn't realize he was going today.  It was on my calendar for next Monday.

This means I am on my own in yard clearing.  Instead of his rototiller, which is being repaired, I have to dig up the vegetable garden by hand.

When I get angry, I put my energies into gardening. After he drove away this morning, I whacked away at weeds. When I used the shovel, I slugged it into the ground as if I were planting something six feet under. I tore at old vines, yanking them down from the trellises.

At the end of the day I felt better.  Then he called from the National Forest campground near Clam Lake to tell me that he had to stop on his way in to let seven elk cross the road.  He is camping in the middle of the elk reserve.   And I am not there to watch the show.

I won't be able to get away to join him until a week from tomorrow.  I am getting miffed again. It should be another good gardening day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment