Wednesday, May 25, 2011

More Rain

Today the rain drove me out of the gardens.  They'll have to wait now, because tomorrow I join Gary at Day Lake in the Chequamegon National Forest.  He left last week to get an early start.  I had to stay behind to direct the choir one more time and work on the gardens.  Now it seems we could have frost tomorrow night, and who knows if everything will freeze?

It sounds like rain and more rain over the Memorial Day weekend.  It is likely we will just be snuggled in the camper instead of wandering through the forest, but just the same, I will enjoy this time away.   We each find a cozy corner and settle in with good books to read.  I'll have the laptop so I can work on various writing projects.

I can expect to see some of the elk who wander around the campground. We can expect to see bears and other critters.  There is a loon working the lake, too. We'll find entertainment any way we can.

What is, is.

No comments:

Post a Comment