Thursday, May 26, 2011

Inventory

I've been working like a maniac all week, getting the gardening done so I could go camping today.

Tonight, there's a frost warning and much of what I've done could be undone by Mother Nature.  With that in mind I went out to take photographs of what is in bloom.  

There are still tulips.  The red, yellow, white and orange varieties are gone, leaving the purples. By the time I get back they will be done as well, but in the foliage around them I see dame's rocket and lupines waiting to take their turn.

The miniature iris I fondly call "Little Blue" broke out yesterday promising things to come.  By Tuesday, most of the big irises will be blooming, standing tall and proud.  Beyond Little Blue the foliage says that sedum, lilies and creeping phlox are coming along.  

Behind the pump that keeps the water fresh for the birds all I can see is work to do.  The gazebo, the apple tree bed, the wildflower gardens all need work that must be done when I return. 

But there is also the greenery that forecasts roses, poppies, and trumpet vine.   

Let Mother Nature do her worst.   She also does her best.   


No comments:

Post a Comment