Friday, March 4, 2011

Audio Out

It seems that the audio on my profile is out again. That part of my blog is the only thing I haven't been able to tame.  It will have to remain inoperable until Chris, my computer tech son, has another look at it. It may be that his home server, through which all things audio run, is down.

In this internet age, it is useful to have a techie son.  Chris works for Kimberly Clark keeping bugs out of the computer network.  He has direct access to some 50,000 desk top computers around the world.  With the same system, he can go into my Seymour computer from his desk in Appleton and take a quick scan to make sure things are working well.  Just a quick phone call to him to report a problem, and suddenly my screen is being rapidly scrolled through as he checks it for problems.  In seconds, he isolates a problem and fixes it.

One of my friend's sons watched this process once and said, "He's like Data in Star Trek!"  

I used to dream of a child who would be gifted in music or one of the other arts.  I am now content with a son who is a genius in computer technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment