Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Self-publishing

This morning, I finally managed to self-publish an e-book on Amazon.com, at least I think I did.  I won't know for sure until tomorrow when it becomes available for download to the public.  At that point, I will find out whether I did the thing properly and will reveal all to readers.  It took me two full days just to figure out how to indent a paragraph so at this point, it's wait and see. 


I've been working on this project for years.  It was the first novel I wrote, a romance that reached its final draft status around 1985.  It was rejected by the publishers because I was "too funny". They asked me to re-write the thing to make the hero "stronger".  That's the way the genre was back then, with heroes who were perilously close to be abusive.  I couldn't do a re-write like that and put it aside.  


I've written several collections of essays, a couple of novels, and more since then.  If this e-project works out, I'll take another look at them.  I like the idea of avoiding editors and agents and working things out on my own. 







No comments:

Post a Comment