Friday, January 14, 2011

Places to go.

I thought I had all the performances for the summer trip, then two more showed up, bringing my total to 25. As of today,  I am not working that hard on arranging more.  I want to have some time to look around and see the United States.  Some of the places I haven't seen before and intend to take a look at this summer:

Teddy Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota.  I've had to pass by it so many times.  I have two days to camp there this summer.

Devil's Tower in Wyoming.  I've been close to it during my South Dakota performances, but never quite made it that far.  Will there be any close encounters there?

Zion and Bryce National Parks in Utah.  Everyone I know who has visited them tells me I must go and see them.

The redwood forests of California.  In his last days, my father told us his one regret was never seeing the redwoods.  I won't die with that regret.

The Pacific coast line in northern California and Oregon.  I lived in Los Angeles for a year, but never got to taken Highway 101 along the ocean.  I plan on going across the mountains from Reno, Nevada, then going from Eureka to Gold Beach.

Oh, the places I'll go and the things that I'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment