Friday, January 21, 2011

Brrrrrrrr!

It is that time of year when the topic of conversation is either the weather or the Packers.  I'll go with the weather.

It was -10 degrees F. outside and only 50 degrees in this office when I got up. The heat doesn't kick in until 6:00 a.m.on the programmable thermostat so for fifteen minutes I shivered.  Now I am sitting here in a fleece robe, warm wool socks, and mukluks.  Under the robe is some long underwear I got on a terrific sale yesterday.  I'm wearing a warm coat over all of that.  I have a little space heater under the desk that is warming things up, plus I lit five candles around the house. They don't warm the house up much but give the illusion of heat.

 The temperature in here has already raised to 56 degrees.  Still cold!  I am keeping my hands warm with a cup of tea.

Gary and I are talking about going to the heated arthritis pool at the aquatic center and sitting there all day.  We would get all wrinkly but at our age it doesn't make much difference.  Meanwhile we talk about beaches we'll visit in the summer.  I'll be sitting at the edge of the Pacific Ocean in July, but before that, there will be the little lakes that dot Wisconsin.  I have photos of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans here in my office and I stare at them pathetically.

It's still 59 days until spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment