Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

Most of my end-of-the year-tasks are done.  I've had the 2010 photos printed but I've left putting them in  the scrapbook for last because tonight Gary and I are Evan-sitting.  (At five, my grandson is NOT a baby, and would object to any term that would make him so.)  I will have him sit beside me as we look at a year's worth of living.

I have 35 of these scrapbooks with the same imitation leather covers.  Most of them cost me around $4.  I don't "scrapbook" as a hobby so nothing expensive is required.  These serve as records of my life and times, something that Evan can look at in years to come. They include my scribblings, maps, pictures, and various pieces of memorabilia.  At the front of each one is a calendar with each day's activities briefly noted.  I treasure them all.

However, the digital age has taken over and I can no longer find the same kind of scrapbooks. Perhaps the bad economic times put yet another company out of business.  I watch rummage sales.  That's where I found this year's. If I ever find a supplier, I will buy dozens.  I intend to live a long, happy life with pictures to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment