Monday, December 27, 2010

Miles to go

I've totaled the miles I will travel during the summer reading program tour.  It looks like the Mercury Sable will chug along just short of 6,000 miles and that doesn't include side trips to see scenic wonders.  That sounds like too many, but they are spread out over forty days, so the most time I'll spend on the road on any given day  will be five or six hours mostly on weekends with no performances.

I like driving, so it won't be all that bad.  Gary wants to install a GPS system but more than that, I would like to get a workable CD player so I can listen to books.  I have a small notebook computer, perhaps I can get a CD attachment for that.  I am marking my maps wherever there are likely trails, swimming spots, laundromats, or Mom and Pop restaurants.  I'll visit friends and make new ones.

Along the way, I'll take time out to journal, write articles, and check home via Skype.  Being alone and loneliness are two separate things.   These solitary days on the road renew my soul.    

No comments:

Post a Comment