Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bread, Snickerdoodles, and Candles

We're in the middle of a full scale blizzard in Wisconsin.  Church has been cancelled, the grocery store closed. We aren't even shoveling yet because the wind pushes the snow right back at us. We'll wait until this afternoon for that.

We're going into the second day of being snowbound, so today is the day I start my Christmas baking.  First I'll start with bread, since we're running low, a nice flaxseed bran bread.  I'll make blueberry muffins, apple scones, snickerdoodles, and maybe some peanut butter cookies, too.  I'm missing a couple of ingredients for decorated Christmas cookies, so those will have to wait.  

Candles are burning in the living room, the stereo is playing the Messiah.   Nothing better for the spirit than a white Christmas and the smell of baked goods.  

No comments:

Post a Comment