Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What to do in Oregon

    This will be my first trip to Oregon, and I am thinking about where I want to go.  Crater Lake is big on my list.  I've been fascinated by that strange lake since I first got interested in National Parks.  I want to meander along the Pacific Coast.   There are the broad stretches of national forests along the Rocky Mountain ridge.  Gary suggests the Malheur National Refuge as a good place for birding.  I will pack my binoculars.
     Most of the time, though, the work I do in the libraries is what mandates the routes I take.  This leads me to rare jewels, locations far away from tourist areas.  Oregon will likely be like that.
     The ten bookings so far in Wisconsin, North Dakota and Montana, are leading me in those unexpected directions. What adventures there will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment