Thursday, November 11, 2010

Telling the tales

     This morning I sat down with my story lists and thought about which ones I would be using in 2011.  I have songs and stories from England, Australia, Scotland, Jamaica, Haiti, Ireland, Russia and more, but I will have to make a stop at the Oshkosh public library to replenish my stock.  The Oshkosh library is a grand storehouse of books of and about folktales.  
     I will sing the "Library Song" which I wrote with Seymour children decades ago.  I plan on writing a new song:  "One World, Many Stories".  I'll make up a chorus and ask the children in each library to help with the verses.  Perhaps we'll do "Tie Me Kangaroo Down," from Australia.  There are Irish songs, too.  I'll spend the winter singing around the house as I prepare for a golden summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment