Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The jigsaw puzzle.

The dates of the summer reading tour are slowly falling into place.  I will be in Utah the week following Independence Day, with the weekend set aside for looking at the great national parks and visiting friends. Then I must scurry over the next week.  I have set only one day aside for Nevada, one for California, then a week for Oregon and Washington before getting to Helena, Montana on July 19.   I cannot book more than three performances in a day, so I sent  20 emails to Nevada libraries yesterday.  Today I start the Wyoming and Colorado e-mails for the three possible dates there. 

Fitting everyone in is much like doing a jigsaw puzzle, as I take distances and time into account.  Still, it is coming along.  The route will take me to some of the most beautiful areas of the country.  My 2011 travel journal will fill up rapidly. 






No comments:

Post a Comment