Friday, February 1, 2013

Back on the Road.

Aging brings problems, usually minor aggravations.  I sleep well most of the time, but occasionally I get insomnia.  When I am home, I don't worry much about it. I get up, turn on some music and go to work writing.  Some of my best ideas come in the middle of the night.  If I'm tired I take a nap during the day.

Getting insomnia when I'm on the road is not so good.  Last night I never did get any sleep.  I had workshop at the Pass Christian Public Library so I loaded up with caffeine and set out early.  I drove down the Beach Road on the way there and took some photos for Gary who told me he wanted them on his 2014 calendar, the one I give him for Christmas.   

I decided the day before that what a good beach picture required was something green.

I also photographed Pirate's Cove, where one procures shrimp Po-boys.
Finally, at the library I did a brief workshop on my life on the internet, about finding work through e-mail and research, self-publishing books, and writing blogs like this one. 

I said good-bye to my friends at the wonderful Pass Christian library and started driving north.  At Hattiesburg the insomnia caught up with me.  I signed into this motel and at 3:00 pm climbed into bed for a brief nap. I woke up an hour ago.  

One of the joys of this blog is that I can edit it in the morning.  For now, it's back in bed to recuperate.  No performances for another two days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment