Sunday, November 11, 2012

Changes

A couple of weeks ago, the ceiling at Sissy's Treats & Treasures fell in. No one was in there, no one was hurt, but it meant a change in our plans.  Susan, Colette, Wade and I were supposed to have a book signing there this Wednesday, November 14.

No ceiling, no book signing we figured and arranged to move the event to Don's Quality Market. There's a small lunch room/coffee shop near the entrance and next to the bakery.  Coffee and cookies would be served while we sell our books.

I notified all the radio, television, Internet and newspaper media where I had sent press releases.  Susan made a note in her newspaper column of the change.  On Friday, I walked all over town to find the thirty or so posters I had put up and tacked on a bright yellow sticker that said "Moved to Don's Market".

I just came home from fixing the final poster to get a phone call from Pat at Sissy's.  She told me that the repairs are done.  They are re-opening on Tuesday. Did we still want the book signing there?

I surveyed the other three authors and we agreed to stay at Don's.  It is simply too late to change course yet again.  I let Pat know but told her I would do my best to get another book into print as soon as possible.  I have three that are very near ready.  The first is a romance that I wrote years ago.  It's already an amazon.com e-book written under the name Trisha Northland, Yesterday's Secrets, Tomorrow's Romances. I could easily bring that to print though I would first like to make a few corrections. I could get that done in about a week, I think.

I wrote a series of rather odd stories about love that I published in our Black Coffee Fiction blog http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com over the past year. I could publish those stories as Love Through the Decades.  It would only take a couple of weeks to do that. I thought I should publish that before Valentine's Day.

Or I could finish the other novel I am currently working on during NaNoWriMo.  I planned on having that done by the end of the month.  But there would be the final edit and corrections before that is ready plus I will want a friend to read the thing to make sure I've made no glaring mistakes.  I don't foresee that being done until the end of January.

So what should I do? Set the last one aside and work on the first or the second? Whichever, there will be another book signing at Sissy's by the New Year.








No comments:

Post a Comment