Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hirsute

I never know what Gary will do next which is why after almost thirty years, he is the most entertaining man I've ever met.  

About fifteen years ago, on a whim, he grew a beard while I was off on some trip. He has had it ever since, going into the bathroom once a week to tenderly tend his face.  He carefully groomed the mustache and beard  with special whisker clippers


Me, I liked it.  I thought it made him look distinguished. Rascal often climbed up on Gary's lap to rub against the furry face. I think the cat thought they were related.  

Then, this morning, Gary was in the bathroom for quite a while.  When he emerged, I found out that he'd had another whim.  The beard was gone.  He's been letting his hair grow, too. What a change this is.  


As of 9:00 a.m., I have an entirely new man in my life.  This takes getting used to. On the other hand...I have an entirely new man in my life, which is stimulating. 

Full of surprises, that guy.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment