Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tomato Harvest

With frost warnings out for Northeast and Central Wisconsin, I picked every tomato that looked like it was getting ripe and put all of them on the kitchen window ledge.

There are green tomatoes out there yet and my garden is usually protected from the worst, so there might be more to come.  If these are the last, they go into salsa or spaghetti sauce.

The green beans and zucchini have been gathered and dealt with.

I still have to collect some oregano and dry it.  We'll pick apples later this month with grandson Evan and Those People He Lives With, as his parents are known. He'll help with the apple corer and slicer so we can dehydrate and have some apple chips for the winter. I'll bake apple scones, muffins and bread for the freezer.

I almost feel Amish on these harvest days!

No comments:

Post a Comment