Monday, September 5, 2011

Cold Weather

Fall is settling in here at Lake Ottawa, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

I left Seymour in warmth and returned to Gary and the forest in cold rain. Last night, temperatures dropped to the low 40's which put the damper on some of the Labor Day weekend partying going on in a nearby campsite. It bothered us not a whit.

I had been having some trouble sleeping in Seymour because of the heat and humidity. Not so in a cold trailer. Gone were the night sweats as I snuggled under the quilt, a knit hat on my head and my body encased in long underwear.

There's more cold weather today and a frost warning for tonight, which should drive the last of the fair weather campers away. Then tomorrow and all the rest of the week we'll have Indian summer, which means warm days and cold nights. This will bring on the autumn colors. We will be hiking and canoeing through glory in orange, gold and red.

It will be ours and ours alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment