Monday, August 15, 2011

Off to the Forest Again.

Today, I met my best friend Norma in Oshkosh for a day of thrift store shopping and lunch at the Delta.  Good food, good fun, good catching up.  We are marking 53 years of friendship.  How is that possible?  

Tomorrow, I meet my other best friend Gary at Lost Lake in the Nicolet National Forest for another week of camping.  I can only stay a week because back here at Mathom House, those 19 tomato plants are starting to produce fruit.  I will be here for days freezing up soup, sauces, and salsa.  I'll have the two dehydrators running, too.

We glean what we can of the summer to hold on to for the winter.  The seasons fly by.  Can't be helped.

1 comment:

  1. It's like a piece of summer when you use those preserved vegetables in winter. Oh so nice.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete