Monday, August 1, 2011

Campgrounds - Part 2

Gary left on his own camping trip this morning.  He called to say he is at Laura Lake in the Nicolet National Forest.  I will be joining him this weekend.

Meanwhile, the last check from my tour arrived this morning. It was from the Dugway, Utah army base, so it was a U.S. Government check.  Just to be on the safe side, I took it right down to the bank and cashed it in case Congress couldn't get their act together by tomorrow.  With that check, it looks like I made about a $400 profit on the trip.

I am still going through photos from the trip and found more campground pictures.

On June 27, after a performance in Circle, Montana, I drove south.  At Miles City, a family talked me out of going to the campground I planned on because of the flooding.  They suggested I go to Broadus to stay at an RV park.  I didn't like the idea of an RV park because they usually are crammed full of giant buses, but in this case, there was a separate tenting area, and I was the only camper there.  I was next to the corral.  The horses came over to greet me.  Most of them soon left, but this one kept coming back.


The next afternoon I stopped at a Wyoming visitor's center in the middle of nowhere.  It was totally unexpected.  The woman at the counter immediately told me to go to Ayres Natural Bridge State Park.  To my amazement, the beautiful park and campground were free though donations were accepted.  The manager was meticulous in his care of "his" park.  That's my car and tent seen through the arch of the natural bridge.


But there was more to the park than that.  There were paths that led along the river and rock formations.
  

After a long drive through the hot, grassy prairie, this was a cool respite.

The next campground was in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment