Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Rainy Day

This morning, I woke up to rain coming through an open window in my bedroom.  My bed was damp and the rug next to the window was wet.  Darn, after yesterday's sun, this was a disappointment.  No gardening or exploring spring today.  I closed the window.

No matter what the weather, I try to exercise, so I went off to the aquatic center to swim for almost an hour.  Later, I did stretching here at home.  This evening, the rain let up to a mist, so I managed to walk two miles.

When I am on a trip, I schedule a time in the middle of the day for a long walk.  I do yoga in the evening after I've set up the campground.  I'll pack two or three swimsuits and hit the lakes or the ocean whenever I can.

If I don't do this, I not only lose muscle tone and gain weight, I find don't sleep well at night.   If I don't sleep well at night, I don't perform well the next day.  With no personal trainer on my tours, I must take care of myself.

Waking up to rain in a tent?  Well, that's a whole new set of problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment