Thursday, April 14, 2011

Camping Gear

This morning, Gary brought my camping gear out of storage. There isn't much.  All I need is a small tent, two sleeping bags (one for cold weather, one for hot weather), a pillow, and a self-inflating air mattress.  There's a plastic crate that contains a one burner camp stove, a set of collapsible aluminum pans, a flashlight, matches, one plate, a set of utensils, a cup and a glass.

We have to test the air mattress and the tent for leaks and wash my cooking gear.

More important, and probably more expensive, is a total checkup of my car, the Mercury Sable station wagon.  I know the spark plugs need changing, and there will be a few other things, according to the mechanic.  It's a bigger car than I bought in the past, and in some ways it's a pain, especially when it comes to parking, but in a pinch, I can sleep in it.  

On April 30, there's a $5 bag sale at the Appleton St. Vincent de Paul store.  My clever daughter-in-law Tisha will be there to help me choose more clothes to take along.  I like buying things that way because if some clothes item doesn't work out, I can simply drop it off along the way, preferably at another re-sale store.

So bit by bit, I am preparing for the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment