Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Next Step

Now that I have 25 performances set up for the summer reading program, I have to take the next step, which is to write a press release that each of the libraries can use.  This generic piece must contain several paragraphs about who I am.  I have to make it interesting without being too long.  I've traveled to so many places, done so many performances.  What should I emphasize?  

I hate writing about myself.

My mother would say I am "tooting my own horn" as I write, but then who else will do it?  At the moment, it is just a list of things to include.  There is no  pizazz to it at all.  Then there is the photo, which my daughter-in-law will take in her studio.  How should I dress for that?  This will be used in posters.  I may have to design that, too.

I will need all of that by the end of the month. It will be done because it must be done.      

No comments:

Post a Comment