Saturday, February 5, 2011

Biting the Bullet - or the Neck

I've put it off long enough.  After listening to a generation of women sighing over vampires, I am reading Twilight during the day and watching Buffy,the Vampire Slayer on Netflix at night.

My thought was to keep up with the times by spending a week in vampire land. I don't believe I will become an addict.  The book is full of romance novel cliches of the worst kind, interspersed with vampires.  As I read, my eyes keep flitting off the page to a book on my desk, Walter Mosley's latest.  It calls to me.

As for Buffy, I give her two more nights to grab my attention, and then she goes back to retro land.  I'd prefer to watch some old Jack Frost mysteries from England.  I'm going back to grownup entertainment, but at least I've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment