Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rainy Day

Here we are in the farmhouse, all of my plans to go birding for naught.

It's been raining non stop all day and it's not just rain.  We get occasional hail, loud thunderclaps, high winds and in Dixon itself, power outages.  Gary's sister visited the funeral home to discuss arrangements.  She sat with the funeral director next to the window so they could look at the papers he had for her to sign.  Then she went to the attorney's office and again, no power, so light from a window.  She is the executor of her aunt's will so has to do all that stuff.

Gary and I briefly went to Stirling to pick up a part for his riding lawnmower and while we were at it went to stores to walk around and around to get some exercise, but found our feet getting wet going through the parking lots. I found two pairs of lightweight pants suitable for camping.  They were half price on a tag sale, plus I got fifteen percent off for being old.

I still could have driven to a nature area but there are flood warnings out so driving into a marsh didn't seem a wise thing to do.

So we sit here in the farmhouse reading books and playing with our computers.  We had one big argument about a documentary on female superheroes, me saying girls need them and him saying they weren't good role models.  He was wrong of course but I find the best way to end these arguments is to tell him to "eff off."  Things like that are never resolved anyhow, plus sooner or later, he sees things my way. That is the Wonder Woman in me, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment