Sunday, August 28, 2011

Toilet Paper

Back when I was a little girl, my grandmother Pearl worked at the Outagamie County Fairgrounds in Seymour as a superintendent for displays of adult entries for judging (flowers, fancywork, etc.).  We grandchildren came over to sit with her at the industrial building.  During a break, she took me over to the restrooms and showed me how to line the toilet seat with toilet paper.  I watched, did as she asked and never did it again. While I admired Grandma's talent in many areas and loved her strong character, I thought the commode treatment was silly and I still do. What barrier against germs is toilet paper?

But over the years, I see grandmother inspired lining of commodes in all manner of public restrooms and this week, at the Lost Lake campgrounds, I lost patience. I say enough is enough!

The women whose delicate derrieres require this treatment should have sensibilities enough to then remove the paper and dispose of it, but instead, it winds up all over the commode and floor.  Furthermore, they use so much toilet paper in this idiotic endeavor that by the end of a weekend, there is none for those of us who need it to wipe our bottoms.   

It happens so often in these summer campgrounds that we now bring our own t.p. just in case.

I suppose even worse are the women who use their hands to prop themselves up so they don't touch the toilet seat.  They wind up spraying the seat and I suppose their hands, all in the name of being sanitary.   The next occupant, if not paying attention, settles down on a mist of urine.

It boggles the mind.

Ladies, if you are that worried about catching some disease, bring along a spray bottle and a cloth and clean the seat before you use it.  Those of us less fastidious people would appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment