Saturday, July 30, 2011

Re-organizing the House

For every two days I am gone, it takes me a day to get the house and my life back to normal...whatever that is. I was gone 36 days this last tour, so I could figure I will get everything shipshape by mid-August, but that isn't realistic.  Gary and I will be camping in great north woods of Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula for half that month.  I haven't had my fill of deer, bear, and other critters.  

What must I accomplish before Labor Day?

--  Apply for a writers' colony in Arkansas
--  Edit a book about my travels in China to self-publish with Amazon.com
--  Organize the photos from my summer reading program tour
--  Start the process of contacting libraries for a winter series of travelogue talks for adults
--  Read six books for the Muehl Public Library's adult summer reading program.  (One down, five to go.)
--  Work on my gardens and prepare for fall's harvest.
--  Do the research for the book I want to write during National Novel Writing Month (November).
--  Sort choir music and select some anthems for the start of the choir year in September.
--  Spend time with my grandson Evan and Those People He Lives With, as Gary calls my son and his wife. We began today by swimming at Plamann Park in Appleton with a great deal of splashing and horsing around.
--  Pampering our very spoiled cat Rascal.

All that and more camping.

What is making this difficult right now is that I am so tired.  I got used to sleeping in a tent and now I have to adjust back to a bed.  After yet another night of listening to me tossing and turning, Gary thinks I need to set up my little tent in the living room and get at least one good night's sleep.

I might just do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment