Monday, July 18, 2011

Motel 6, Missoula, Montana

This is my fifth motel stay since I left Seymour on June 20.  Those first motel stays had to do with terrible weather and lack of suitable camping spots.  Then I hit my stride about two weeks ago and kept to the national forests and state parks. 

This stay has more to do with getting caught up with paperwork.  I needed to have several hours of uninterrupted Internet access, something I never got at libraries, coffee shops or McDonald's.  Last night I checked in with my bank, justified my checkbook (I forgot to make some entries), and figured out how I am doing financially.   I find I am pretty much on track and should make a small profit from the trip.  Some things cost more than I expected, others less. 

Then there are a few postcards to write out, some of them purchased two weeks ago. Best get at that.

This morning, I am taking a look at some of the photos I've been taking.  I plan to turn them into a travelogue "slide show" to present as adult programs at Wisconsin libraries this winter. 

This stay also gives me a chance to do some laundry and stay out of the 100 degree F. heat for a while.  By the time I leave here at noon it will be beastly hot but should cool down by tonight so I can sleep in the national forests once again. 

There are six more performances, three states, nine days before I pull into the driveway on Lincoln Street in Seymour. 

Gary has been keeping his own records.  He remarked that when I was in Moab, it would take him 43 hours of driving to come and rescue me.  Each state means less time for him to deal with any disasters I might encounter.  So far, nothing has needed his ministrations.

I look forward to hugging my hero in nine days.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Gary, did tell us how many hours it would take him to drive to get to you.
    He's a good guy.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete